Policy Approved: June 10, 2009
Last Revision Date:
Next Review Date:
The name, acronym, and logo of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management (INMM) are trademarks of the association and, as such, are valuable assets that play an important role in promoting INMM and its resources and services. Their value may be weakened or lost altogether by improper use. This Logo Use Policy provides for the allowable use and required acknowledgement of the name, acronym and logo and preserves the trademark rights of the Institute and its resources.
These requirements apply to parties referring to INMM trademarks, including association partners, members and others.
The INMM name, abbreviation, and logo are the sole and exclusive property of the Institute of Nuclear Materials Management. Members in good standing may use the INMM logo to exhibit their affiliation with INMM only if such use complies with the terms and conditions listed below.
General Use Policy
- No modifications may be made to the logo without INMM Executive Committee (EC) approval; however, logo size can be adjusted as needed.
- The INMM name, abbreviation and logo may not be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of the EC of INMM: discredits INMM or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill; is false or misleading; violates the rights of others; violates any law, regulation, or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between INMM and the user. Any expense or liability resulting from a use determined by the EC to be in violation of this General Use Policy shall be the responsibility of the party responsible for the use.
- Use of the INMM name, abbreviation, or logo to encourage the purchase of any particular individual's, company's or organization's products or services is forbidden.
- INMM reserves the right to inspect and give final approval to the reproduction and the manner in which the logo is reproduced or displayed on printed materials, in electronic documents and on Websites.
- Advertisements, press releases, or displays containing any INMM name or logo in any form shall not include expressed or implied testimonials or endorsements of a business or individuals, or their products or services, without the written consent of INMM.
- All uses of the logo will inure to the benefit of the INMM.
Executive Committee, Committee, Technical Division and Chapter Chair Use
EC members, Committee Chairs, Technical Division Chairs and Chapter Presidents of the INMM may use the INMM logo in their correspondence, on their representative Websites and in their reports on behalf of their leadership positions without prior logo use approval, providing adherence to the General Use Policy set forth.
General Member Use
- INMM members may accurately indicate their membership and activities within the Institute for the purpose of documenting their professional activities, provided such information does not violate the General Use Policy set forth.
- INMM members may not voice opinions or offer advice on behalf of INMM without express approval of the EC.
- Upon request, association members who use the INMM logo agree to provide INMM with representative copies of all materials bearing the logo and to abide by the decision of INMM with respect to approval of the use of the logo in institution or company literature.
- Nonmembers may not use the INMM logo without submitting materials for review and receiving written approval for limited-use agreement. Please complete the form found here and email to headquarters along with a copy of the material showing where the logo will be used.
- INMM may provide the association logo to event vendors, sponsors, or partnering associations for use in promotional or collaborative materials during the term of the agreement or event.
If you are an INMM member or consumer of a product that contains the INMM name or logo, and you believe it is not an official product of INMM or not in compliance with this policy, please bring it to the attention of the EC by contacting INMM Headquarters.