INMM 2020 Annual Meeting Update
Friday, May 1, 2020
Posted by: Deanna Bright
Dear INMM Community:
Thank you again for your support of the INMM Annual Meeting. We appreciate all of you who are presenting, exhibiting, contributing, and attending this important annual event.
As previously stated, we are actively monitoring the situation and weighing the various options for the July meeting. We meet weekly to assess the global policies and safety directives impacting our attendees, our presenters, and the venue in Baltimore. The health and well-being of our attendees is our primary concern.
I wanted to assure you that the INMM 2020 Annual Meeting will occur in some format and we will issue the proceedings. We are evaluating all options, including researching several virtual meeting platforms. We will announce the plans for the 2020 event by May 20.
To help us plan in the event that we determine that it is best to hold a virtual meeting on the original dates (13-16 July 2020), we are in the process of confirming that our paper and poster presenters are willing and able to present via online session. Their responses will help us finalize a program for a virtual format.
Our goal, as always, is to deliver the optimal education and information sharing experience for all of our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and presenters. We are committed to ensuring that the 2020 event is safe, secure, and financially viable for INMM as an organization and for everyone who wishes to participate. The format and registration fees will be structured with the goal of being affordable and accessible to our community. We also want to make sure that the format remains a good investment for our sponsors and exhibitors who are an important part of our annual meeting.
Thank you for your patience and ongoing support as we work through this analysis and decision during this unusual time.
- The INMM Annual Meeting will occur in some format, possibly as an online virtual meeting.
- INMM leadership will announce a decision on the format of the meeting by May 20.
- Whatever the format, including the virtual option, the INMM Annual Meeting will include:
- Publication of all submitted papers in the INMM Proceedings. This important service to our INMM community will not change.
- A forum will be featured for INMM’s valuable exhibitors and sponsors to showcase services and products and engage with participants.
- The INMM Annual Business Meeting and Awards Ceremony will take place, to bring us together and celebrate our award winners.
Again, thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we work through the many variables and decisions to ensure a quality meeting for this year. Please look for an announcement on May 20. In the meantime, please check the website for the latest updates.